• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shaky feeling? Anyone?

RyeRyeBread

The past few days I've noticed on/off that I've had this weird shaky feeling when I'm moving my head, neck, or arms/hands, and legs (basically everything)(?) It's not a shiver, or a tremor of sorts - its more like... a lag?

*they're shaking when I move them, but not once I'm holding still

(Not really sure how to describe it at this point lol)

Anyone else experience this or something like it?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I don't get this quite but I do get a zapping feeling through my body. Some things make it worse but it seems to be there in some degree most of the time.

The past few days I've noticed on/off that I've had this weird shaky feeling when I'm moving my head, neck, or arms/hands, and legs (basically everything)(?) It's not a shiver, or a tremor of sorts - its more like... a lag?

*they're shaking when I move them, but not once I'm holding still

(Not really sure how to describe it at this point lol)

Anyone else experience this or something like it?
Yep, all the time, it's as though there are thousands of little steps in ea huscle movement. Was very noticible at first. Neuro gave no dx but noted enhanced physiological tremor. I'm reasonable sure this is worse when I have more adrenalin. It hasn't got better or worse. I also get a lot of fasciculations (muscle twitching) and sometimes, when tired, I try to make a small fine movement I end up making a larger one. No idea why

RyeRyeBread

* Just wanted to add that this feeling has been on/off, and has been gone now for a few months. probably will come back at some point, who knows 🤷‍♂️

SlamDancin

I have a very hard holding my hands still especially if I have any adrenaline going. It’s noticeable if I’m trying to do any fine coordinated movements like signing something. I absolutely hate the feeling and I do think there’s some problem with adrenergic signaling in this illness