• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sexy Over 50 - Daily Lymph Drainage Massage

Wayne

I researched the "The Perrin Technique" fairly extensively this morning, which stresses the importance of good lymphatic drainage for pwCFS. There's a good thread on this started by Sasha entitled, "Perrin/lymph drainage/massage: makes sense or not?" Interestingly, Raymond Perrin hypothesizes that part of the reason people develop ME/CFS is because hormones are not adequately drained from the body via our lymphatic systems. He also hypothesizes this is the reason more women than men develop CFS, because their bodies have more hormonal issues to deal with.

While watching a number of YouTube videos on Dr. Raymond Perrin's ME/CFS hypothesis and treatment approach, I ran into a short video on a very simple lymphatic massage that purportedly can be helpful in making us look more sexy [and I'm assuming improve our hormonal balance at the same time, per Mr. Perrin]. Not often feeling very sexy these days, I think I'm going to give it a try!

Getting back to the Perrin treatment, apparently a good number of pwCFS have made some significant improvements by using a variety of lymphatic drainage techniques. It's stressed however, that for most pwCFS, this can precipitate quite a deluge of toxins into our system if done too quickly and/or aggressively, and can easily become too much to handle if it's not done slowly and carefully.

The simple lymphatic drainage technique that I'm linking to below sounds like it might just be that slow, methodical way of starting such a program. And who knows, perhaps it'll make us look a little more sexy in the process. :);) Here's the link: Sexy Over 50 - Daily Lymph Drainage Massage --- Caption:This 60-second Lymph Drainage technique reduces bags under your eyes and reduces jowls. You look younger in minutes.

Here's a link to this woman's website: http://www.sexyover50.com/

Good luck to us all!

Wayne

Well, I did the lymphatic drainage technique described in the video. Setting aside the sexy aspect for now, I have to say it seems to have decreased some of my headache pain. It also seems to very gently relax my eyes and facial muscles. --- In iridology, they say there are nerve endings in the eyes corresponding to all parts of the body. I'm mentioning this because my body feels a bit more relaxed as well. --- Looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the next few days.

peggy-sue

It doesn't seem to work for the bags under the bags under the bags under my eyes, but I only did it once.
At the moment, even Robert Dougall hasn't got a chance of beating mine.
I have even googled eye bags, to see if there are any images on-line that can be compared to mine - not one.
Dorothy Parker here is approaching it, but mine are fuller and I have more layers.
http://marissabidilla.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/richard-avedon-retrospective.html