• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe Relapse

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi @LINE .... can't quote you directly because your response appeared in a pink quote box, so anything that's bolded and sort of grey is quoting your post .....

"As you said, the process morphs quite frequently which forces me to morph and rethink my attacks"
Yeah, it's kinda like being in a log-rolling contest, only you're both the log AND the roller ...

"Of course it is a pain but it works out."
Yes it does, eventually. It's just the part in between the last thing that worked and finding the next thing that works that's kind of nerve wracking.

But it keeps the grey matter pumping along, and that's another plus ...

Sledgehammer

One of the more horrifying expressions of this weasely little misery of an illness is its ability to keep regrouping every time we beat it back, and re-attacking us in a slightly different suit with a new assault on the battlements.

Perfectly put. Last night It slapped me around as I was trying to sleep, today it punched me in the face.