• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe Reaction To Niacin

adreno

PR activist
I think you have been unnecessarily rude, arrogant and pedantic lately. I don't think you need to be all that to make a point.

Please remember that there are real people behind the postings, and they are ill, and some are very caring, like Sherlock is, and he hasn't posted at PR anymore after your rudeness, and I miss his contributions.

I guess I can be a bit impatient at times, but it wasn't my intention to scare sherlock away. If I did, then I'm sorry. I'll try to be more careful how I word myself.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, there is histamine release from taking niacin.

But blood histamine and skin flushing isn't the same thing. Niacinamide will raise blood histamine, but not cause flushing.

Last edited:

jess100

Most only flush only head and neck. Someone who flushes terribly has more going on than usual.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain what you mean that "more is going on"? Any ideas what that might be? I just took 100 mg of niacin (after a very bad flush with 500) and had a similarly bad flush extending to ankles and hands but especially bad on back and face, and backs of arms.
I have the 1298 mutation and I'm taking methlyfolate and methyl B12.