• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe headaches for 2 mths ...help.please.

lenora

Iron's a bit of a problem for me with my heart problems and cholesterol. I'm on heparin, so I don't think the two would be happy together. I just a blood test and my ferritin levels were within the normal range.

I do have problems sleeping, so I'm trying to take the correct type of mg. for that....I'll have to see what the next blood level shows. My energy levels have been incredibly low for a long time....who can figure any of this mess out?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Emmarose47 I was just wondering if you’re still having success with amitriptyline for your headaches… I’m considering starting it but I’ve had the prescription for almost a year unsure about what to do! I have trigeminal neuralgia (tn2) headaches that can last months and I’m going crazy.

Emmarose47

@Emmarose47 I was just wondering if you’re still having success with amitriptyline for your headaches… I’m considering starting it but I’ve had the prescription for almost a year unsure about what to do! I have trigeminal neuralgia (tn2) headaches that can last months and I’m going crazy.
Hi winterwren ..
Yes, success ....I still.get some headaches but no where near what they were . Mine was neuralgia type and intense pain in temples and into side of head
The Amitriptyline 10mg is working well ..
Do in u have concerns about taking it ?

Hi winterwren ..
Yes, success ....I still.get some headaches but no where near what they were . Mine was neuralgia type and intense pain in temples and into side of head
The Amitriptyline 10mg is working well ..
Do in u have concerns about taking it ?

That’s great you’re feeling better :)
My concerns are mostly based on bad past experiences with antidepressants and other prescriptions. Being messed up long term from them.
Plus, my doctor actually prescribed 25mg a day so it’s good to know I can talk about a lower dose!

Emmarose47

That’s great you’re feeling better :)
My concerns are mostly based on bad past experiences with antidepressants and other prescriptions. Being messed up long term from them.
Plus, my doctor actually prescribed 25mg a day so it’s good to know I can talk about a lower dose!
Ah yes I hear you ...
Yes 10mg .. I take it at nite I noticed some sedation the following morning for a couple days but then it went . It doesn't feel particularly in my system at that dose ..
I'm on an SSRI high dose for depression and that's another story ..

So 10mg amitriptyline Def has taken all that awful pain away ..thank god ..

If u decide to try it let me know how u get on

Nerve head pain is v draining and so I empathise ...

Take it gentle .Emma X