• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seriphos

Mary

Moderator Resource
Has anyone taken Seriphos for sleep?
I have and found it very effective when I had high nighttime cortisol. Have you had your cortisol levels checked? Many if not most doctors will only do a blood test first thing in the morning, which tells you nothing about nighttime levels. You may already know this but a good test is the Adrenal Stress Index Test which uses four saliva samples taken during the day/evening so you can see how your cortisol levels rise and fall.

I found that morning was the best time to take Seriphos. When I took it at night, it caused a weird awful kind of insomnia, but when taken in the morning, it just made me feel calmer (though not sedated) and it was easier to deal with stress. And I started sleeping better at night. I had to experiment to find the right dose and worked up to 8 capsules a day to start with, which is a very high dose, but I needed it. I took 4 capsules on an empty stomach before breakfast and 4 before lunch. I did this for a few months and then gradually tapered down.

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
I've been taking it at night for some time, perhaps four years, am not sure about that.
I take about 1/3 of a capsule at night, but might try Mary's method of taking it in the morning. It does seem to regulate something that doesn't get taken care of, if I forget to take it.