Serious Dangers of Synthetic & Unnatural Vitamins

pamojja

Really it is very simple what I am saying is natural vitamins are better than synthetic vitamins.
That even I would agree with. With the exception that in disease or deficiency states the pharmacological actions of high dose vitamins (not possible to get dietary) are no match.

But the problem thereby is now, since you couldn't provide any evidence of harm, you're backpedaling. While when you started you gave a completely opposite opinion with the title and numerous articles of this thread:

Serious Dangers of Synthetic & Unnatural Vitamins

Last edited:
That even I would agree with. With the exception that in disease or deficiency states the pharmacological actions of high dose vitamins (not possible to get dietary) are no match.

But the problem thereby is now, since you couldn't provide any evidence of harm, you're backpedaling. While when you started you gave a completely opposite opinion with the title and numerous articles of this thread:
Completely agree to disagree.

Hip

The Truth About Vitamins in Nutritional Supplements

Robert Thiel, Ph.D., Naturopath

(Etc, etc)
Nothing in that long article you quoted provides much supportive evidence for your view that synthetic vitamins are of "little value".

Certainly some synthetic vitamins are made in slightly different chemical forms to those found in nature, but the human body is a very capable chemistry factory, able to transform one form of a vitamin into another. That's what the article fails to mention.

I think it unwise to eulogize or worship Mother Nature in the way that some like doing.

Mother Nature brings many good things; but do not forget that Mother Nature also brings us smallpox, children crippled by poliovirus, death by rabid dogs, consumption (tuberculosis), malaria, leprosy, cholera, typhoid, the Black Death, and so forth.

Not to mention poisonous mushrooms, berries and plants, venomous snakes and spiders, etc.

Sundancer

without supplements, being both vitamins,minerals, enzymes, probiotics and some other things.

I would still be bedbound racked with pain, now housebound and sometimes feeling ' notsick'

It's a road to tread carefully. But with a very sick body, hardly able to digest food and because of illness a huge need of nutrients. The choice is clear.

But everybody needs to find out which things are helpful and which are not. Some forms of vitamin sit better with me then others plus the additives in supplements, whether vitamins or other stuff, can be very bad for the body. regardless of the quality of the vitamin.

I find much useful info about supplementing on PR, a life-saver really

I'll leave this thread though, nothing really useful to be found here.

HowToEscape?

without supplements, being both vitamins,minerals, enzymes, probiotics and some other things.

I would still be bedbound racked with pain, now housebound and sometimes feeling ' notsick'

It's a road to tread carefully. But with a very sick body, hardly able to digest food and because of illness a huge need of nutrients. The choice is clear.

But everybody needs to find out which things are helpful and which are not. Some forms of vitamin sit better with me then others plus the additives in supplements, whether vitamins or other stuff, can be very bad for the body. regardless of the quality of the vitamin.

I find much useful info about supplementing on PR, a life-saver really

I'll leave this thread though, nothing really useful to be found here.
I’m happy to hear that you found some combination of remedies that work for you. It’s very difficult for us to find anything that works, and sometimes things that work quit working later.

At the same time we need not to fall in with scammers and hucksters, and people peddling special magic super vitamins, more natural vitamins, my unique vitamins, and so forth are 97% scammers and hucksters (the other 3% are ‘bots). Fell for it myself for a while because I wanted to believe something would surely work, and the marketing for all that was rather artful.

There isn’t any magic crystal energy in everything created by nature that makes it all good for you. Lead is natural, as is mercury, as is the python that are a lady last week. Our disease was created by nature, so are tuberculosis, cancer, old age and death. We are fighting against nature to win longer and healthier lives then it provides us.

Sundancer

I’m happy to hear that you found some combination of remedies that work for you. It’s very difficult for us to find anything that works, and sometimes things that work quit working later.

Yes, I am lucky with that. I'm so grateful to be out of bed and pain much diminished. But one has to tread so careful, I had some baddies that threw me back int crashing too, sometimes with the tiniest amount.

and yes...I do not trust my health to someone-else. Even well-meaning honest knowledgeable therapists seem to think that their approach is the right one. Were I now know, that some things that ' everybody with CFS should take' are detrimental for me.

1 mg of zinc has send me crashing for instance, took 3 months to recover from that.

since that time I'm even more careful.

I keep hoping for more insight in this illness, coming from the US. Over here in Europe were still struggling with the BPS-myth. For even though I'm lucky that I found a combination that seems to work, I know of all those who are far more ill then I, and not able to get out of the severe state, having been there my heart bleeds for them.

Wayne

1 mg of zinc has send me crashing for instance, took 3 months to recover from that.
Wow, sounds pretty horrible. I wonder if it could have been a result the zinc dislodging heavy metals from zinc receptor sites. I've heard that can happen when beginning to supplement with zinc.​