• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Send your shoes to protest virtually for you in #MEAction's Millions Missing campaign!

Old Bones

Does anyone know if it's possible for someone in the UK to do this via ebay.com or amazon.com ie despatching from USA but with an ebay.co.uk or amazon.co.uk (ie UK-based) account?

@Simon I did this (from Canada) by setting up an account at Amazon.com (U.S. site). By doing so, my shoes were shipped within the U.S. at a very reasonable domestic rate -- $4.99 US. I don't believe it would have been possible, or made sense, to use my Canadian Amazon account. I set up Paige Maxon's P.O. Box as an alternate delivery address, and will delete it once I obtain confirmation that my order has been delivered, which I am expecting to be today.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
@JaimeS @Sasha

I was wondering if there was a way we could acknowledge some of the missing that are in the In Memorium section here at PR during the protest?

waiting

@JaimeS @Sasha

I was wondering if there was a way we could acknowledge some of the missing that are in the In Memorium section here at PR during the protest?

That is an excellent thought-- only since we cannot obtain their permission (unless a member has contact with a family member) perhaps we can include them either in aggregate (I.e. The total number) or separately, with their PR name...?

JaimeS

@JaimeS @Sasha

There have been so many meetings that my head is a little muddled, but I am sure that someone suggested this, and someone else replied that this will be acknowledged via a list? Let me double-check.

-J

Rooney

I just bought flip flops from Dollar Tree ($1). I looked for a pale color so that I can write in big letters what I'm missing, i.e. "Missing Life, Missing Employment, Missing Care". I can't decide.
Flip flops are light weight and are a great canvas for writing.
I hope they can be photographed.

Thanks to you all!

I'm in the UK, but I just created an account on the US amazon and ordered a pair of shoes. Absolutely straight forward and fine - the only issue was they want a phone number for the delivery address and I don't have one so I just put mine in. But hopefully that's a formality because the delivery address is correct (and a PO Box) and so everything should arrive in one piece.
I paid about $2 for the shoes and $5 for delivery. I'm so glad I could take part. I think it's a great idea.

JaimeS

No real count yet, but

13178813_10154212620748885_2960122973414388226_n.jpg

JaimeS

The more shoes, the bigger the impact, @Justin30 ! No contingency plan required!

Mostly there will be shoes at the London and D.C. protests, though many protests are doing a limited number of shoes or otherwise sticking to the theme. We're hoping for a huge display: the bigger the better!

-J

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm going to buy some cheap shoes today to send to London! :woot:

We should all do this (who can afford to - and Ebay makes it cheap). It's a brilliant way to protest!

JaimeS

I'm going to buy some cheap shoes today to send to London! :woot:

We should all do this (who can afford to - and Ebay makes it cheap). It's a brilliant way to protest!

I definitely have enough old shoes to simply send out ones I already own. The high-heeled ones I can't actually wear anymore because they make my legs burn and cramp.

I'm always struck by that label: "minor" M.E. "Minor" M.E. sucks in a "major" way. :aghhh:

-J