• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking Information on Bateman Horne Center

Dakota15

Hey PR!

Reaching out today to see if anyone has experience at the Bateman Horne Center. Was curious in terms of what treatment methods Dr. Bateman implements and uses. I couldn't find anything searching the archives here on PR.

Appreciate any input or first-hand accounts (as well as any anecdotal accounts if so) - feel free to DM if you prefer that route!

Best,

Dakota

Last edited:

Diwi9

Administrator
I was wait-listed two years ago and never heard from them...I think they are not taking new patients, but could be wrong.

AngelM

My CFS physician (retired) suggested I contact the Bateman-Horne Center. I called a few days ago and got a recording that said they were no longer accepting patients in order that they could concentrate on research, as well as, serving existing patients.

i-lava-u

I just had an appointment with Dr Bateman a couple of weeks ago. She told me that they have hired 2 new physicians at the clinic. So, hopefully they will be taking new patients soon. You would need to contact them of course to find out.
There is a video on their youtube channel, in part, introducing the new physicians about 20 minutes in.

Diwi9

Administrator
I just had an appointment with Dr Bateman a couple of weeks ago. She told me that they have hired 2 new physicians at the clinic. So, hopefully they will be taking new patients soon. You would need to contact them of course to find out.
There is a video on their youtube channel, in part, introducing the new physicians about 20 minutes in.

This is such good news, more physicians to be trained in treated this illness group :)

They are beginning to take new patients, but there is an enrollment process involving an interview, it's not on the website, but i messaged through their facebook page, and someone messaged me back with some information. If you are still trying to go there, don't give up, they are actively working on opening up to some new people. Give them a message on facebook... good luck! If I learn more I will post it.

i-lava-u

@delphis first of all, I love your avatar picture! I sent you a DM :)

I have been a patient of Dr. Bateman for a few years and have had a great experience all around. I have not met the 2 new doctors yet so I have nothing to add there

Hi all,

Jumping on this thread if that's ok. I applied for the Bateman Horne clinic as they're now accepting long covid patients and I was accepted this week. Could I DM some of you who've been? It's a big financial commitment and I'm based in NY, so some travel involved too - although they are open to several Zoom visits. On the fence.