• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking a neurologist in Portland, OR (Neuropathy-literate a plus)

My husband and I both have autoimmune polyneuropathy. My husband receives IVIG for it which has been prescribed by a neuro in Seattle. We might be moving to Portland, Oregon, so while you would think the Seattle doc could still prescribe it, he can only write the orders and an Oregon doctor has to handle it.

It would be helpful if they deal with complex illnesses and/or small fiber polyneuropathy.

Also, would like to avoid OHSU if possible as they don't give you much choice of who you work with and their scheduling people like to insist their neuros don't treat neuropathy and want you to go to an acupuncturist instead. Shrug. (Totally false about them not treating it, by the way.)