• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Secretary of Health Sebelius Responds

Ember

By Bob Miller on March 3, 2013
We thank Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for his longtime work and support for the ME/CFS community, and especially for his recent efforts with the Secretary of Health to stress the serious unmet need in the ME/CFS community and the drastic implications of the FDA’s denial of the only medicine in clinical trial for patients.

Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius responded to Senator Reid’s inquiries with the letter below....

More: http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...harry-reid-on-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/

Jarod

That was a nice letter from Kathern Sebelius. Even if she means well, it must be hard to initiate change with such a large organization because she just can't micromanage a situation like that.

I found the part about collaboration extramural and intramural research funding interesting. I hope it means the extramural researchers get more funding.:)