• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scientific Journal devotes an entire issue to ME/cfs

Pyrrhus

The journal "Work" has devoted a special issue to papers on ME/cfs:
http://workjournal.org/ME-CFS

From their website:
WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation is an interdisciplinary, international journal which publishes high quality peer-reviewed manuscripts covering the entire scope of the occupation of work. The journal's subtitle has been deliberately laid out: The first goal is the prevention of illness, injury, and disability. When this goal is not achievable, the attention focuses on assessment to design client-centered intervention, rehabilitation, treatment, or controls that use scientific evidence to support best practice.

1606416779929.jpeg

Pyrrhus

Articles include:

Properties of measurements obtained during cardiopulmonary exercise testing in individuals with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
By Davenport, Todd E. | Stevens, Staci R. | Stevens, Jared | Snell, Christopher R. | Van Ness, J. Mark

Clinically accessible tools for documenting the impact of orthostatic intolerance on symptoms and function in ME/CFS
By Lee, Jihyun | Wall, Pelle | Kimler, Chris | Bateman, Lucinda | Vernon, Suzanne D.

Post-exertional symptoms distinguish Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome subjects from healthy controls
By Mateo, Lariel J. | Chu, Lily | Stevens, Staci | Stevens, Jared | Snell, Christopher R. | Davenport, Todd | VanNess, J. Mark

NIH can no longer turn its back on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
By Mirin, Arthur A.

What ME/CFS caregivers want you to know
By Ausubel, Bobbi

Cardiopulmonary responses to exercise in an individual with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome during long-term treatment with intravenous saline: A case study
By Davenport, Todd E. | Ward, Michael K. | Stevens, Staci R. | Stevens, Jared | Snell, Christopher R. | VanNess, J. Mark

Documenting disability in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
By Podell, Richard | Dimmock, Mary E. | Comerford, Barbara B.

Inclusion of family members without ME/CFS in research studies promotes discovery of biomarkers specific for ME/CFS
By Tokunaga, Keli | Sung, Alexander P. | Tang, Jennifer J-J. | Guglielmo, Michael J. | Smith-Gagen, Julie | Bateman, Lucinda | Redelman, Doug D.| Hudig, Dorothy

Environmental accommodations for university students affected by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
By Chu, Lily | Fuentes, Lynn R. | Marshall, Olena M. | Mirin, Arthur A.

Impact of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis on treatment of comorbidities: A lived experience
By Lopez-Majano, Denise

Graded exercise therapy does not restore the ability to work in ME/CFS – Rethinking of a Cochrane review
By Vink, Mark | Vink-Niese, Friso

Research update: The relation between ME/CFS disease burden and research funding in the USA
By Mirin, Arthur A. | Dimmock, Mary E. | Jason, Leonard A.
Discussion:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-cfs-in-the-united-states.48645/#post-2334829

Last edited: