• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Science chat groups or extremely active forums?

I feel the need to stimulate my mind by discussing my research and the research of others in the scientific community. In work, we are focused on one aspect so I don't get a ton of time in to discuss other important research topics. Pretty much everyone I work with is older and Asian

Hope123

I'm not sure what being older and Asian has do with this? I have a science background and many groups have people from an assortment of different ages/ ethnicities. It would be best for you if do not generalize about specific ages or ethnic groups. Having said that, I am Asian so if there are specific concerns you have I can try to address them. Keep in mind that at least in the US, many Asians are usually pretty adapted to their local culture; age may not correlate with adaptation. I'm 0.5 generation (meaning I was not born but raised in the US) and younger whereas I've worked with people with Asian backgrounds in their 50-60s who were 3rd, 4th, etc. generation.

In terms of what groups to chat with, you will get different perspectives from groups that are mostly scientists vs. groups that are mostly patients. There are many ways to contact researchers if you are a scientist yourself.......like through e-mailing them directly, conferences, specialized research groups, etc.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Ouch, Tough start Nathan. Is there something in particular that you wanted to talk about? Are you working on a clinical trial? I ask because you set this thread up in clinical trials. We have a lovely community lounge if you would just like to talk about your work. We discuss a lot of personal stuff like work, school and general science there.

Welcome to the boards. Do you have CFS/ME? Do you take care of some one who does? Please, fire away. someone will jump in, trust me. (big grins)