• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scared to get covid vaccine

lenora

Is there such a thing?

Hi @Rufous......Here in Dallas they have vans of nurses who go into the neighborhoods and will immunize anyone who is elderly or disabled (along with their caregivers, I'm sure). Perhaps you could find something like on the computer for your area. All truly ill and disabled people should look into this if you want the vax.

Things may be different in CA, but I have a feeling you're even more progressive. Yours, Lenora.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

Perhaps you could find something like on the computer for your area. All truly ill and disabled people should look into this if you want the vax.

all I found was a group Van who will take you there and back and arranges appointments. Its hard to believe that isn't happening at this point.

Meanwhile- scared isn't exactly the issue.

My husband is saying: he wants to go Wed, so we might just go show up someplace. Now, if I feel really good, just show up is a far better plan for me than an appointment I'll busily start dreading.

This is actually a method for the medically averse- any cancellations? Give me a one hour warning and I'll just walk in. Because basically i am the Princess of Anticipatory Dred, medical.

However, Im not pleased with my current state. Its not good enough to deal voluntary with an immune assault.

And: I told others to rest big time, be NOT run down, do nothing two days prior AND have lots of food arranged. So thats not feasible for me, currently it seems, as I may go crash right now!

So maybe just my husband will do it that day and I will be the neutral observer. (and not in a pharmacy)

xrayspex

I'm planning to become an unvaccinated lepper though, shunned from all society and not able to even buy food, we are gonna start a little commune in the wilderness for all the unvaccined around the world. Its not really a question of science but a question of spirituality and your independent will vs submitting to the elites.
hey let me know where y'all go...I did cave and got the first pf last thurs but having my doubts about anymore after that....not happy with the neuor-immune flare :(

Hi
I feel scared to get the vaccine ..
I know there is no certainty and the risks of not having it seem to outway the risks of having it ( as.far as it seems to this point ..
Many of us CFS suffers are having it ..
Could I get people's thoughts and research they have read please ...
I can't seem to make an informed decision ...
I've been holdin out here in the UK and now they are vaccinating the 40+ group which is me ...

In my case I will not be getting the vaccine, mostly since I had the virus, my body was able to fight it, you can read more about my corona experience here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...send-it-for-free-to-covid-long-haulers.83924/

nerd

When I checked the VAERS data in early March, I found anaphylaxis to be ca. two orders of magnitudes more frequently reported than thrombotic events and thrombocytopenia. Considering that, according to early studies, thrombocytopenia and thrombotic events were similar enough among all approved vaccine types to not achieve sufficient statistical difference, I concluded that anaphylaxis indeed is more frequent overall but only affected mRNA vaccines according to the VAERS data of the time. This makes mRNA vaccines more dangerous than other vaccines.

The VAERS system is a relatively unreliable source, though, because anyone can submit reports to it. Here is data from two other studies that used more reliable and verifiable sources.

On the AstraZeneca vaccine use in Denmark and Norway, a verified prospective vaccine registration system was used to trace adverse effects (n = 281,264). A study analyzed their data and found ca. twice the amount of thromboembolic events compared to the expected thromboembolic events in the general population, equating to 11 excess events per 100,000 (10.1136/bmj.n1114). The excess incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis, the life-threatening condition of it, was 2.5 per 100,000 vaccinations (0.0025%). One potential bias is that the thrombosis might also be attributed to an undetected COVID-19 infection, which can still occur after the vaccination.

Another study prospectively traced vaccinated Mass General Brigham employees (n = 52 805 - 64,900), who received mRNA vaccines only, based on symptom surveys (10.1001/jama.2021.3976). Anaphylactic events had to be verified by allergists or immunologists. Pfizer/Biontech was overrepresented with 60% of the vaccinations. They found the incidence of acute allergic reactions to be 2,103.2 per 100,000 vaccinations (2.10%). The incidence of anaphylaxis, the life-threatening condition of it, was 24.7 per 100,000 (0.025%). Since anaphylaxis occurs within a few hours after receiving the vaccine, I assume that food-induced anaphylaxis was excluded as an alternative causality. One potential bias is that mild anaphylaxis was not reported/counted unless the participant visited an allergist/immunologist.

According to CDC data on the Jannsen vaccine, the reported incidence of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia, which is a more strict definition than thrombotic events in general, was 0.32 per 100,000. The incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis was 0.03 per 100,000. Syncopes, which could be confused with anaphylactic events, also happened at a comparably low rate of 0.19 per 100,000. However, this is only retrospective data from an unreliable source. In J&J's own phase 3 trial (10.1056/NEJMoa2101544), the incidence of anaphylaxis was 9.14 per 100,000, which, unfortunately, was only mentioned afterwards. This shows how poor the official bodies' reporting really is. Regardless, I don't estimate the bias to be large enough to negatively outcompete the other vaccines.

In contrast, the risk for a life-threatening condition from the mRNA vaccine is ca. 10 times the risk of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Considering the direction of bias, this makes the difference at least one order of magnitude. Based on the VAERS data, my previous estimate was two orders of magnitude. I assume that the VAERS also represents severe acute allergic reactions that cross the diagnostic criteria with mild anaphylaxis, hence the inconsistency.

Last edited:

Wishful

I stopped getting my tetanus booster because I get extremely sick for a day or so.

Last time I checked, a tetanus vaccine was good for ~60 years, so just hold off for another half century or so before getting another booster. ;)

I got a tetanus booster some time before developing ME. Was that a factor? I don't know.

My Covid vaccine is tomorrow. If no further posts from me appear ...

Emmarose47

Thanks @nerd great info ..
I read about anaphaxis too ...scarey
I am being offered Astra zeneca as this is the one they can give me as someone housebound .. so from the study has that a lower rate of ana shock ?

nerd

Thanks @nerd great info ..
I read about anaphaxis too ...scarey
I am being offered Astra zeneca as this is the one they can give me as someone housebound .. so from the study has that a lower rate of ana shock ?

As far as the public can tell, AstraZeneca has a lower rate. According to an old UK article, there are 0.82 anaphylactic cases per 100,000. According to the updated register, it's more like ~2 per 100,000.