• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Saunders Neck Traction and Medicare

JAH

Hi Everyone,
Like many of you, I am looking into the role that cervical instability might play in my CFS. I’ve started to use a cheap over the door neck traction device, which I don’t like it and can’t use by myself, I’ve read some of the threads here about the Saunders and ComfoTrac neck traction devices , and want to get one. Someone posted that they got the Saunders and it was covered by Medicare. I can’t find that post- has anyone here been able to get insurance to cover the cost of one of these neck traction devices? They’re pretty expensive....

thanks,

J

5vforest

This is random and might not be the most helpful, but I know a family member who coincidentally owns one. It was covered by workmen’s comp because of a repetitive stress injury. (Bad ergonomics at the computer desk or something.) Maybe they are prescribed by doctors/physios for that sort of thing? If you feel like lying?

JAH

I have no problem with lying😀

but seriously, I’ve emailed a few medical supply stores, and none of them take insurance, so I’m not sure how that would work. I don’t think I can “bill” Medicare.

thanks for your feedback
J

JAH

No I hadn’t seen that Medicare page- kind of surprised that no medical supply company I’ve contacted takes Medicare, oh well.
Thanks for the link, I’ll keep looking into it and talk me my doctor

jah