• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Samento and my Lyme experience

Hi all, Thanks so much to the pioneers that have done the work on methylation, it has helped tremendously and answered a whole lot of questions regarding my health.
In 2005 I was diagnosed with late stage Lyme disease and confirmed with Qrib test. I was put on Samento by a wise practitioner at HRI in Warrenville Il. I also had heavy metal intoxication and was severely deficient in B12. I did the B12 injections for quite a while and they helped a bunch. After about a year on the Samento I had my Amalgams all replaced with less toxic composites and after about 2 years on the Samento I felt better than I had for a very long time. This product may not work for everyone but it definitely did for me.
The final piece of the puzzle was learning about the genetic abnormality that allowed the disease to gain a foothold. Most MDs are pretty much clueless about methylation and it is up to the individual to do the research and find the answers that they seek.
Thanks again to Fred and the people who shared all the info they have.