• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Saliva or mucus transplant?

Wishful

If I were severe I would just jump into FMT, si the best thinkg you can do by far, and using a very good donor.

I agree, that if I had severe ME, I'd give it a try. Defining 'good donor' is a problem, since we don't understand what's good and what's bad for an individual. Avoiding obese donors seems a good idea, since obesity has been proven to be transferred that way. Likewise avoid donors with obvious health problems. Is an Olympic athlete with a healthy but 'not like the rest of us' diet a better donor for a given individual than an ordinary healthy donor who shares a more similar diet and activity regime? I think the answer to that will take years and maybe decades of studies.

Keep in mind that it's also possible for FMTs to have long term negative effects. It could turn mild ME into severe ME. However, if you're severe and have nothing to lose...

suevu

I agree, that if I had severe ME, I'd give it a try. Defining 'good donor' is a problem, since we don't understand what's good and what's bad for an individual. Avoiding obese donors seems a good idea, since obesity has been proven to be transferred that way. Likewise avoid donors with obvious health problems. Is an Olympic athlete with a healthy but 'not like the rest of us' diet a better donor for a given individual than an ordinary healthy donor who shares a more similar diet and activity regime? I think the answer to that will take years and maybe decades of studies.

Keep in mind that it's also possible for FMTs to have long term negative effects. It could turn mild ME into severe ME. However, if you're severe and have nothing to lose...

FMT has been performed for billions of years and is being perofrmed everyday in the animal kingdom, while for us is disgusting for all mammals eating poop is pretty normal and now we understand that responds to a health need, animals need to replacce their missing microbes by eating them from others of their kin.

We see that many things we couldn't find an explanation, like kising, now we understand they respond to an evolutionary reason.

You're missing a vital point with FMT, diet.

Any FMT is only as good as the recipients follow on diet. Feed the bacteria incorrectly, they die, and back to square one. Borody couldn't control his recipients after they left the lab, its up to each individual to look after what they were given!.

Correct diet is genome dependent. No use feeding cells high levels of sugars if your DNA origins were from North Pangaea. Feed a cell the wrong food for its true DNA origin, its going to die prematurely. Creating additional toxic cellular waste burden.

Then, subject a naturally slow detoxifying genome to toxic burden from increased internal, and external environmental toxicities, and cells are going to become sick and die. Creating yet more toxic cellular waste for an already overburdened, slow detoxifying, genome living in the wrong conditions.

At this stage, accumulated toxicity (Not just metals for those who only consider metals), begins to show as symptoms and causes further cellular damage, from direct, and indirect poisoning, via blockages to so called 'pathways'.

The direct poisoning and the blockages, cause further weakening the struggling genome trying to live in its unsuitable conditions, and pathogens, viruses, wrong bacteria, parasites etc move in.

At this stage the body begins to shut down, putting some folk in their beds, and other not so fortunates in their coffins. Apparently illness is a warning (pretty obvious really). Those who don't heed the warning (symptoms), and take a good look at the basics do so at their peril. Many choose to follow this course!

Note, to those who think toxins are only heavy metals, take a look at the forever growing list of what can now be tested for at a cellular reactive level. https://www.igl-labor.de/en/service/online-services/iec-selection-tool

The labs don't create these for fun. Demand is there from those who are aware.