• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Safe Cell Phone

leela

Has anyone who is severe found a cell phone that they can tolerate? Member Samuel needs a phone but he has severe photophobia, sensitivity to flicker, and general neuro intolerance to the devices he has interacted with.
Has anyone else here with photosensitivity due to very severe ME found a device that is okay for them? Or solutions for managing the screen flicker and dimming issues?
He mostly needs it for emergency communication and interacting with his doctors and helpers.
@Janet Dafoe has Whitney found a device that works for him?

Samuel may end up being without helpers round the clock (he is totally bedbound) so this is urgent. I am encouraging him also to get a medical guardian device, but he needs to be able to communicate with the outside world as well. All suggestions most welcome.

Last edited: