• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rx Sleeping meds to seek/avoid

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
How does 5-htp (hydroxytryptophan) differ from taking straight melatonin?
Melatonin has no effect on me, even at 5mg dosages
I need something to help sleep on a regular basis, so didn’t want to keep taking zolpidem

I watch a male hrt utube show regularly. The guru drs on there were recently talking about melatonin doses that they themselves use and what they prescribe. One dr said he takes 50mg per night. It seemed between the drs, its not uncommon to use and prescribe between 20-50mg. So you may have some room to increase your dose??

Kenny Banya

I watch a male hrt utube show regularly. The guru drs on there were recently talking about melatonin doses that they themselves use and what they prescribe. One dr said he takes 50mg per night. It seemed between the drs, its not uncommon to use and prescribe between 20-50mg. So you may have some room to increase your dose??
That’s, confrontingly, interesting!
Do you have a link to said videos?

Kenny Banya

1st night had 5htp & valerian.
Slept ok, but no different to previous
For only $2, DHL shipped to Australia from iHerb. Arrived in 3 days!