• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rogoff's Sign of Adrenal Fatigue

L'engle

moogle
Hello,

My partner also has CFS. Lately he gets a sore, bruised feeling on his lower back, which sounds similar to Rogoff's sign one of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. He doesn't have other kidney related symptoms but does have adrenal fatigue, so it seems likely Rogoff's. Anyone had this or know of somehow who did? What did they do to alleviate it. Chances local doctor has heard of it = unlikely.

L'engle

moogle
I have this again right now. My then-partner and I both used to get this a few years ago. I'm in a crash right now and it is sore off and on around the adrenal area. No idea what it is but it is coinciding with a worsening of symptoms and dull pain in the back of my head that comes and goes. Any ideas?

Gondwanaland

Rogoff’s sign is a definite tenderness in the lower thoracic (mid-back) spine where the ribs attach.
Sounds familiar, but I am learning from you here.
Mine got better with multimineral supplementation, but my dr changed my dosage and it's back again now. Will have to go back to my old dosage.

L'engle

moogle
@Gondwanaland Seems like we may have some similar issues in terms of adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid interaction. Whenever I take thyroid replacement my adrenals get weakened. If I take an adrenal glandular my thyroid gets stimulated. I don't know what to do when treating one makes the other worse and they both get worse on their own without treatment, it seems. I'm waiting it out right now.

Gondwanaland

Since I switched from levothyroxine to compounded T3/T4 everything got so much better. Even better with mulimineral supp. But the ups and downs are always there :ill:

My life became such a rollercoaster since I started trying to improve my health. But at least I have the "ups" now, and not only the "downs" :rolleyes:

L'engle

moogle
I've tried natural thyroid which is T3 and T4, both a prescription and one available on iherb. It seemed to increase my thyroid function and then let everything crash. I still have thyroid and adrenal glandulars in my supplement case but I am wary of taking either one again. I never took the synthetic T4, it just didn't seem like a good idea.

Gondwanaland

I never took the synthetic T4, it just didn't seem like a good idea.
I only took it because it is the only thing prescribed here. It took me a lot of research to find an updated dr to prescribe me T3... But then I hit the jackpot cause he even accepts my insurance!

Levothyroxine did NOTHING for my cognition :mad:

Gondwanaland

Just remembered something. One year ago I was seeing a craniosacral therapist. She did wonders for my adrenals. She taught me to massage the foot arches against a (tennis) ball on the floor. It helped back then and you just reminded me to retry it now.

L'engle

moogle
I'll try unconventional methods right now. I have a dull pain in the back of my head and neck a lot right now that feels like autonomic stuff worse than usual. I've heard people say they wre helped by cranial sacral stuff. It feels like there is blockage in the back of my head.

Gondwanaland

@L'engle I am so sorry you are dealing with such cryptic symptoms :hug:

Have you ever tried acupuncture? My insurance covers it and it helped with muscle relaxation. I had to stop all physical therapies when I became salicylate intolerant, because they were making it worse. Then when I recovered form the sensitivities there was the thyroid to deal with. Then right now I just want to avoid seeing so many practitioners.

L'engle

moogle
@Gondwanaland I might go to a massage therapist near here that I've been to before. I've never done acupuncture. It gives me the creeps, lol. Also it seems like a lot of money for maybe a small benefit unless it lasts and is dramatic. Sort of like spending the amount of 2-3 bottles of supplements on a single 'serving'. (It isn't covered for me so that is a difference)

Gondwanaland

I did the trick with the ball and it relived my mid back pressure. On my journal I take note of it as "the knee on my back".

Gondwanaland

Reflexology foot map. Source: https://reflexologyinfo.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/reflexology-foot-map/
foot-map.png

I know nothing about Traditional Chinese Medicine or reflexology itself, but DH and I usually can reverse each other's migraines with acupressure.

In the picture above the adrenals ("Renal Gland") are right in the center of the illustration and of the feet. Try stimulation or sedation of the points with your thumbs or use a wooden stick, or the point of a comb for massaging. I will try it too!

Gondwanaland

Is this symptom of ours low or high adrenals? Would vitamin C help? Pantethine?

I think I got this relapse due to the increased dose of copper in my new multimineral (took it 3 days in a row). I just feel exhausted and the pressure on my back keeps coming back. So I postponed my T3 increase...

Last night I remembered I had this floral drops for the adrenals that I could not tolerate before due to salicylate intolerance, but yesterday they worked like a charm. I slept soundly for 11 uninterrupted hours :sleep:

Right now I am drinking C-salts, and wonder if Pantethine would be of any benefit. I had forgotten how maddening the back pressure and temperature swings can be :bang-head: