• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab target question

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
Good and this is what I want b/c if I go into remission from Rituximab then it is proof that I have a B cell autoantibody driven disease (which is what my doctor is now calling it).

So ME may be an autoimmune disease as has seemed probable in speculations by a lot of people. Remember the brain auto antibody stuff we discussed?:thumbsup:

Gingergrrl

So ME may be an autoimmune disease as has seemed probable in speculations by a lot of people.

I should clarify that he feels that my particular illness is a B-cell autoantibody driven disease but he is not saying that ME/CFS in general is this (which remains to be determined in the future).

Remember the brain auto antibody stuff we discussed?:thumbsup:

Sort of :D. I remember talking to you but not fulling understanding everything (because of my lack of science background, not because of you). I would have majored, or even minored, in science if I knew I was going to get sick b/c the background is so incredibly useful to have.

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
I should clarify that he feels that my particular illness is a B-cell autoantibody driven disease but he is not saying that ME/CFS in general is this (which remains to be determined in the future).

Sort of :D. I remember talking to you but not fulling understanding everything (because of my lack of science background, not because of you). I would have majored, or even minored, in science if I knew I was going to get sick b/c the background is so incredibly useful to have.
GG I was an EFL teacher for 10 years (English degree) but had always followed biology as a great supporter of WWF and physics as someone interested in string and M theory-----how many realities? Possibly more than we can access!

The point I am trying to make is it is never too late to pursue formal education or educate yourself informally. You're smart. Go for it!