• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rising Tide - An XMRV/CFS Story

Stone

I tried to view the video but it said it was blocked in my country (US). Am I doing something incorrectly?

Min

No, I'm sorry I think it is blocked in the US - I wonder why.

It maps the outbreaks of ME/CFS round the world since the 1930s - scary stuff

leela

I've seen it before, maybe do a search for the title within youtube and an unblocked version will come up?

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Apparently its because of Music Copyright laws - the music used is not cleared for US use, so the video gets blocked over there (or 'here', depending on where you're reading this message).

The author(s) say he/she/they have done another video with different music, so that should be around somewhere & viewable in the USA.

btw, when the camera zooms in at the end and you see all the red dots/people affected worldwide and then in the USA, its a pretty powerful and scary image.