• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rhodiola estrogenic?

tootsieroll

Hi all! I really would like to give Rhodiola a try again but really worry it might be estrogenic. Anyone have information about this? Notice any effects? thanks.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
My brain isn't absorbing well right now but this says it's may be an estrogen receptor modulator. Does that mean it modulates up or down. ??

I use a coffee that has rhodiola that helps me feel slightly more motivated. I actually think I'm low estrogen though...post menopausal so, that may not help you.

Have you tried any of these test kits to see if you're low or high on estrogen?

(I know you mentioned a doctor's form in your other thread so maybe you're trying to get one that's covered by insurance which of course, these probably won't be: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=estrogen+test&crid=3LULOYRHRXQ76&sprefix=estrogen+test,aps,330&ref=nb_sb_noss_1)

Last edited:

tootsieroll

Thanks! I've read lots about a test called Dutch urine hormone test but I'm not sure how accurate it is. It's very expensive but then some say a blood test is more accurate. So much information... not sure what to believe.