• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remarkable Autistic Young Man

Wayne

Hi All,

This short ABC News Segment features a remarkable autistic young man with some amazing artistic abilities. It's a kind of segment that makes you wonder about life--which I like to do. :)

Regards, Wayne

fresh_eyes

happy to be here
Oh, I love that guy! As a child he was profiled in Oliver Sacks' book An Anthropologist on Mars. (Great, great book for anyone interested in how the brain works.) How lovely to see him "in person".

K

Katie

Absolutely remarkable! My first thought was 'I have to own one!' then I heard that they sell for over $100,000! Amazing, he truely deserves to have his talents lauded and I'm glad he has an OBE, so many are given to those who don't truely deserve them, Stephen certainly does.

I wonder how much a print would cost? :D