• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reiki

R

rainbow11

Jody...

That is wonderful! About her teaching you how to do Reiki. Awaken the healer within, I say!

Keep us posted.

I do Reiki on myself regularly... and also on my animals. Also... good thing.. when you do Reiki on someone else.. you are getting a Reiki treatment for yourself too.

fyi.... that little breathing/energy session I talked about on that other post... breathing energy in through your heart chakra.... kind of similar to Reiki... except with Reiki you are bringing in the energy through your crown chakra and then channeling that energy through your hands.. to do the healing work.

rainbow

Jody

Rainbow,

I'm pretty excited about my appointment tomorrow with Martha.

I have NO idea what to expect.:)

ramakentesh

A fascinating thread. Got me interested.
they popped me out of my kind of stress ridden state and into a state of calmness. I had completely forgotten what that felt like.

God I can relate to that! My first dose of beta blockers was like that - its like oh yeah, that it what it feels like to be normal. No knot in the stomach, no jitteriness...

I think anything that helps the parasympathetic system is probably a good thing.

Marylib

I had a lovely experience with Reiki once. It did not help me physically, but it was very pleasant and much like what I have experienced in meditation. A deep deep peace. Lovely.

dannybex

Jody...are you still practicing?

I just stumbled across this thread, and glad I did. A friend has offered to do some reiki for me (if we can arrange a time during the wintery months coming up), and am encouraged by what I've read so far.

Just wondering Jody...if you've kept up your reiki practice? :)

d.