• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Regarding labs.What to look for?

Davsey27

I was curious for those of you who may have an idea of what kind of labs to look for that are correlated with what may be driving the Me/Cfs.While at Stanford,I had some concerns that testing was limited and hoping that the immunology psnel I did at thr klimas group will reveal some things.

Part of me worries about medical practitioner's missing out on certain labs.

And if perhaps a functional doctor familiar with chronic immaflammatory response syndrome and various subcategories may be necessary

Thank You

Davsey27

Curious if one can have both me/cfs and cirs or if these are two different conditions?

From what little I know about Me/cfs it seems that it may be an umbrella Conditon where one may have comorbid ehlers danlos,cci,post-viral,etc..

Thank You

Learner1

I was curious for those of you who may have an idea of what kind of labs to look for that are correlated with what may be driving the Me/Cfs.While at Stanford,I had some concerns that testing was limited and hoping that the immunology psnel I did at thr klimas group will reveal some things.

Part of me worries about medical practitioner's missing out on certain labs.

And if perhaps a functional doctor familiar with chronic immaflammatory response syndrome and various subcategories may be necessary
I think it is useful to have a very experienced immunologist or infectious disease doctor AND an IFM trained functional medicine doctor or a Bastyr-trained naturopathic doctor both work on testing you.

Hip's Roadmap us a decent start, but it contains a lot of out of date information.

i started with Charles Forsyth's list, attached, then my doctors went much further. At a minimum, I would do:
  • CBC and CMP
  • Immunoglobulins with subclasses
  • NK function
  • Lymphocyte subset panel
  • Diagnostics CytoDX
  • Prostaglandin D2 or F2
  • Chromagranin A
  • EBV, CMV, HHV6 and, if applicable, HSV2 or 2 and Zoster, both antibodies and PCRs
  • Chlamydia and myoplasma pneumoniae antibodies and PCR if possible
  • Lyme and co-infections, if suspicious
  • Cocksackie virus, if suspicious
  • DUTCH Test Complete
  • ACTH stim test
  • Full thyroid panel
  • Iron panel
  • D-dimer, thrombin/antithrombin, etc.
  • Genova Diagnostics Metabolomix+ or Great Plains Organic Acids Test
  • Any antibodies you have symptoms for, particularly ANA, CellTrend, Mayo Cunningham or Pavel panel, etc
  • Genetic testing for anything weird ig nothing above shows anything, or if suspected.
  • MRI of brain, if suspicious
  • Treadmilleyabolic testing

Curious if one can have both me/cfs and cirs or if these are two different conditions?

From what little I know about Me/cfs it seems that it may be an umbrella Conditon where one may have comorbid ehlers danlos,cci,post-viral,etc..
It is quite possible to have all kinds of comorbidities.

Attachments

• Charles Forsyth - Surrey - CFS causes and tests.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 18