• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Really high dhea and Androstenedione making my hair fall out

So I got back my dutch hormone tests and my dhea, Androstenedione, cortisol and estrogen are high but my dhea is almost at the highest level. I had a ct scan a year ago and no tumors on my adrenals. The tests show just below the level that I should get it checked.

I do have a COMT ++ with lots of stress no matter what I do I still have it. Has anyone done anything that helped with lowering your dhea and didn't have your estrogen go up and no extra hair fall out?

Mine is falling out and I am afraid to address the estrogen with dim a lot of people say their hair fell out. I am not sure about the calcium d glucarate. Anyone had some success or maybe use something like lithium oxolate to speed up the comt pathway? Also I am a female. Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited: