• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RCCX on Health Rising Blog!

msf

The problem with that definition is that it becomes so broad that it's effectively meaningless. We need a narrower definition to make it useful for predictions or analysis.

That is what I was suggesting, that the theory being discussed wasn't specific enough.

jpcv

The problem with that definition is that it becomes so broad that it's effectively meaningless. We need a narrower definition to make it useful for predictions or analysis.
In her website, Dr Meglathery states that a stressor is anything that requires increased production of cortisol to be dealt with

jpcv

I´ve found her theory quite interesting, very provocative and clinically sound.
It needs to be tested.
In another thread about this subject, I think she got undeserved treatment from forum members because her theory implies that there is a personality trait involved and that a psycological stressor can be one of the causes of the disease. She is not saying "it´s all in your head", she goes to great length to explain all the genetics and biochemistry involved in her theory
I think she is right, and other researchers like naviaux have stated the same thing.