• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

R.I.P. Michaela

Martin aka paused||M.E.

As I'm myself very severe since February 2018 these words by Michaela touch me very much:

“I consider myself an open-minded, extroverted and fitness enthusiastic person - but these are exactly the things I can no longer live out. Not even being able to smile through the stiff jaw, not being able to laugh because I simply have too little air available - and a lot more. Everyday things like showering or reading are impossible at this stage.
But the worst thing for me is not being able to speak anymore "

Original:

„Ich schätze mich als aufgeschlossene, extrovertierte und fitnessbegeisterte Person ein – doch genau diese Dinge kann ich nun nicht mehr ausleben. Nicht einmal lächeln können durch das steife Kiefer, nicht lachen können, weil ich schlichtweg zu wenig Luft zur Verfügung habe – und vieles mehr. Alltägliche Dinge wie duschen oder lesen sind in diesem Stadium unmöglich. Aber am schlimmsten ist es für mich, nicht mehr sprechen zu können“

perrier

This destruction of young people is utterly intolerable--no one talks about this, except us folks. My dear Michaela, dear angel, rest in peace. May the earth be a bed of down for you. My deepest most sincerest condolences to Michaela's parents.

(is there a website or obit. page?)

Martin aka paused||M.E.

This destruction of young people is utterly intolerable--no one talks about this, except us folks. My dear Michaela, dear angel, rest in peace. May the earth be a bed of down for you. My deepest most sincerest condolences to Michaela's parents.

(is there a website or obit. page?)
There is only her FB page for condolences and a page for donations for her family https://www.betterplace.me/in-gedenken-an-michaela-lex85