• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quetiapine causing my dysphagia

JES

At what dosage? Antipsychotics are currently trialed in low dosage by certain ME/CFS doctors, for example Stanford now prescribes low-dose Abilify for some of their patients. These drugs can both work better and be safer at very low dosage rather than the dosage used to treat bipolar disorder (actually this is the case for many ME/CFS drugs, but doctors just tend to prescribe whatever dosage that was used in the studies).

At what dosage? Antipsychotics are currently trialed in low dosage by certain ME/CFS doctors, for example Stanford now prescribes low-dose Abilify for some of their patients. These drugs can both work better and be safer at very low dosage rather than the dosage used to treat bipolar disorder (actually this is the case for many ME/CFS drugs, but doctors just tend to prescribe whatever dosage that was used in the studies).
200mg. Has made no difference to my symptoms has only made it worse.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I see there are websites that talk about weaning off of it so be careful when you stop taking it that you don't go too fast.

JES

200mg. Has made no difference to my symptoms has only made it worse.

Yep, makes sense, that's the standard dosage for bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder. I was prescribed 12.5-25 mg for sleep. I'm not surprised you are having side effects with 200 mg, I wouldn't be able to tolerate such a dosage.