• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions to ask the panel at OMF symposium on 29th Sep ?

raghav

Dear Friends,
I see that some of the PR members are personally going to the symposium on 29th. So I thought if we (those who are not attending ) can ask questions and doubts through them at the symposium. You can list your questions here and we will see how best we can get them answered. There is no compulsion on the participating PR members to ask these questions.:)

junkcrap50

How does the metabolic trap theory compare to and what do Robert Phair and Ron Davis think of Nancy Klimas's insilico computer model of ME/CFS and her CFS patient studies testing this model which are to begin this fall/winter? Do they think the metabolic trap theory will be be compatible with/be similar to her insilico model?

Tally

Do people with autoantibodies represent a different subset of ME/CFS patients or a different disease all together?

Which autoantibodies did you have in mind?

From my understanding there are autoantibodies which mean it's another diseases altogether such as anti-transglutaminase antibodies would mean it's probably Coeliac disease, and Thyroperoxidase Antibody would signal Graves disease.

Not that one can't be unlucky and have ME/CFS and another autoimmune condition but I'm guessing that's not what you meant?

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Which autoantibodies did you have in mind?

From my understanding there are autoantibodies which mean it's another diseases altogether such as anti-transglutaminase antibodies would mean it's probably Coeliac disease, and Thyroperoxidase Antibody would signal Graves disease.

Not that one can't be unlucky and have ME/CFS and another autoimmune condition but I'm guessing that's not what you meant?
Well I personally have inflammation markers (ESR, CRP) and AChR antibodies along with Salivary protein 1 antibodies