• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions about heart rate monitoring

vision blue

Does this thread have any specific suggests for monitors that will do the individualized things many want? In my case, I want a monitor that I can glance while walking or standing or going up stairs or whatever whenever i want to see current hr level, and preferably oxygen saturation as well. And the numbers hould be nice and big and dark so it can be a glance and wont cause me to walk into lampost as i squint to read what it says. Plus I also want ablitiy to EASILY upload the raw data from say an hour period (raw data meaning a reading say every 5 seconds even is high enoug res) to an excel spreadsheet for inspection as i see fit. (I don't want an app that decides to graph what it wants to graph and does not give me access to raw data) I'd also love a heart monitor where I can calculate heart rate variability as well fron the data , but willing to forgo that for now if it had all the other features. Everyone seems to have different requriments so if was a list people contribute on what theyve found out - features and the like - that would be awesome. Before i follow the link (oddly exhausting to follow links for me), anything like that in there? @-Jessie- awful on loss of somehting that was useful. I feel your pain! btw, with the dash in front of your name, i almost tagged the wrong jessie

Jessie~

@-Jessie- awful on loss of somehting that was useful. I feel your pain! btw, with the dash in front of your name, i almost tagged the wrong jessie

Sorry about that. The dash in front of my name has been a pain for me too, and I’m sure for many others who have had to tag me. I have happened to catch people tagging me using multiple forms of other Jessie’s user names accidentally, only because I was already watching the threads that they tagged me in and saw them that way. Who knows how many times someone has tagged me wrong on other threads that I never caught.

I didn’t realize that it would be an issue like it is when I signed up on PR. Regular jessie hadn’t been active for a long time then, so I figured it might work out ok. I hate picking user names, and I have nothing original that I could think of to use instead of my name.

Good luck with your search! Same to everyone on here looking for something that works for their specific needs. I am not actively back on the search yet, taking some time to let my brain rest. But I will be back, scouring through the HR monitor threads for helpful updated info, and doing research for a replacement eventually.