• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for men

Davsey27

You wake up with morning wood early in the morning thinking it's a sign you will fell well in the morning

Then after the second wave of sleep you wake up with the fluuey aches

Thinking that morning wood is a sign of good health

Have you wondered if the body has tricked you?

Thank You

Wolfcub

I think that can happen even if someone isn't too well @Davsey27
Or maybe it's something to do with sleep cycles?
I know I'm not a man, but re: sleep...I can sometimes feel much better in some ways when I have had less sleep. I am tired but not unwell. I always feel a bit more symptomatic when I have slept better, a little bit extra in the morning, or am catching up on lost sleep.

Anecdotally erections in the morning for me have been a sign of improvement for me. I used to have significant ED but I have a very healthy sex drive now that I've recovered some... Actually its too healthy and also a source of significant stress fighting off my sex drive so I don't crash myself :O!!

haha

Before this I had a similar experience where I'd only get erections from the 3:30-5:30 AM time frame and otherwise have ED at any other time and only able to get maybe 70% erections.

I think its just circadian rythym hormonal timing in men.