• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pyroluria test results

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
No stomach upset for me yet. I've taken the full 100mg dose at dinnertime.
I have read that zinc does not last 24 hours and that it is better to split the dose. For me, stay well hydrated reduces the likelihood of my getting nausea when taking zinc.

Rand56

Hi Rand,

I did try taking for about a week. I increased zinc(in acetate form) to 100 mg/day and then started having some nausea.I stopped taking them then. I too am reading up a lot on pyroluria,and copper toxicity. I'm presently waiting for my hair mineral analysis results,after which I will ponder what to do. I live in India and there is no test for pyroluria here. You might have it in your country. If I were you I'd get it checked...

Hi arx

Have you tried taking any other forms of zinc to see how your stomach reacts? I know we are all different, but zinc picolinate doesn't upset my stomach. Also if you want to try a transdermal route, Kirkman sells a zinc sulphate cream.

All minerals are supposedly better absorbed on an empty stomach. If you have stomach upset try taking it with some apple cider vinegar. Also from one of the Klinghardt's videos I watched, he said that zinc supps should not be taken with any oils, cuts down on the absorption. All the more reason to take it on an empty stomach because some foods may have some form of oil in it.

Rand

arx

Hi Rand,

I just got my hair mineral analysis results. Everything seems in range. Though zinc is more than copper,opposite of what I expected. They have advised to not take any more zinc,instead take copper! So I guess I won't be working with zinc for now. Thank you for your views. I will keep them in mind if I travel down this path in the future. I was taking the acetate form. I've heard a lot of good things about picolinate.

Regards,
arx.