• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

psychosomatic is the root of all?

Being sick destroy quality of life
One of my doctors told me to stop obsessing about the symptoms. My response was that there was no way to avoid being constantly aware of the symptoms. I then asked him if a patient came in with an arrow stuck through him, if he'd tell the patient to stop obsessing about it. ME symptoms are no easier to ignore than an arrow.
Thats really stupid for anyone to say to ignore their life. Sickness put your life on stake. You cant ignore the most important, unless life isnt important.
Can that doctor ignore their job/family/lover/their needs?

I learn that the brain keep reminding us to problem/when something goes wrong so that we can fix it. Its actually being helpful. But the problem is when we cant fix it.
But doesnt mean the process is wrong. The wrong thing is that we cant fix the problem in our life/self so that the brain has to keep alerting us. And we are stuck/trap with it.

Fixing the problem will stop the alerting system. Meaning the task is done.

Force shutting off the brain with benzos doesnt mean fixing the root/original issue.
Everything has a cause. Every problem has its origin.

Last edited:

Wishful

@kisekishiawase , one of the theories of ME is that it's triggering a normal sickness response, which is supposed to force us to 'crawl into a safe spot and rest until we feel better'. That is a good evolved response to temporary infections, but bad for chronic ones. The temporary remissions some of us have switch the 'sickness behaviour' off again, quite abruptly.