• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Progress In ME/CFS Patient Advocacy:- Overcoming The Militant Meme & Why We Must Keep Evolving."

Tom Kindlon

https://www.facebook.com/MEActNet/posts/1702860193329713

The #MEAction Network
2 hrs ·
New opinion piece: "Progress In ME/CFS Patient Advocacy:- Overcoming The Militant Meme & Why We Must Keep Evolving."

A patient named Matt argues that militancy can be a double-edged sword, especially when it comes to shaping outside perceptions. That we cannot simply replicate ACT UP – in the information age, our strategy must be different.

"Anger is justified but, anger can be used against you. Anger can be misplaced or anger can be the flame that fuels the kind of passion that brings about great change."

http://www.meaction.net/2016/02/24/...-the-militant-meme-why-we-must-keep-evolving/

What do you think? What are the benefits and the dangers of anger? How can we best use our anger and where do rightful outrage and strategy meet?

Tom Kindlon

Nice to be mentioned.

Reeves criteria are odd, not simply broad, so not sure I see any value in them in any circumstance.

However with the NIH study, it is using other criteria such as postinfectious and Canadian criteria, so using the Reeves criteria is only selecting from a limited group so in this situation probably would have limited effect.

panckage

Anger doesn't help anything. We must remain goal oriented with our communications. Even if we feel someone is 'the enemy' we must find the sliver of truth in what they say to get them on our side.

Ever tried to change someone's religion by getting angry at them and telling them their religion is stupid? Yeah good luck with that :rofl: