• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ProBoost

Timaca

I am interested in people's experience with ProBoost.

How much did you take?
For how long?
Did it help you?
Did it make you feel worse?
Were you taking antivirals or antibiotics while on it?

Anything else you wish to share.

Thanks,
Timaca

dsdmom

I took it once, hated it. Seemed to rev up my already revved up immune system. I know now better than to take something that stimulates my immune system, but at the time I assumed I had a depressed system - I had no idea that it could be overactive and so dysfunctional!

Timaca

dsdmom~ What type of symptoms did you have that made you feel like your immune system was revved up?

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I take ProBoost every once in a while when I feel a crash coming on. It seems to help shorten the crash, but the effect is subtle.

The theory behind it is scientifically sound, so it really should work for people who are Th2 dominant. Thymic protein boosts the Th1 side of the immune system, so if you're a Th2-dominant CFS patient, it makes sense.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I take Proboost and Maitake D Fraction Drops daily for the immune system. I take one pack of the Proboost daily. If I get a cold, I take two or three. No antibiotics or antivirals. Supplements.

Ema

I took 3 packages a day for 3 months in one of my first efforts to eradicate chronic EBV. I tested my antibodies right before and after the three month period (which is what the mfg recommends for treatment length) and they showed no change.

I didn't notice anything (good or bad) short term when I took it either.

The theory is good but unfortunately it did not work for me. That said, I'm not sorry that I tried it.

Sallysblooms

With me, my virals did not go way down as far as I know, but my body is stronger so any viruses do not cause problems like they use to. Everyone has diff. amounts and we all handle viruses differently. Being strong with supplements and having a strong immune system is important.

Timaca

Thank you for your replies everyone. Sallysblooms what other supplements do you take that you find helpful?

Best, Timaca

Sallysblooms

Here is a thread about it.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/sallys-supplements.13919/

owlsm.jpg

Timaca

Thanks for the link Sallysblooms. I'm glad that you are healing up nicely. You mentioned your feet improving in the other thread. What were they doing and how are they improving? I want to do all I can to heal my nerves too....and am interested in your symptoms and improvements.

Best, Timaca

Sallysblooms

I have had CFS for over 20 years. That part is doing fine. Three years ago, I got VERY ill. My body stopped working one day on my anniversary. :(

Couldn't stand or sit, etc. bp was HIGH. 24 hours a day I was nauseated and horribly dizzy and lightheaded, burning hot, could not stand any sounds, on and on.

I now had POTS/Dysautonomia/Autonomic Neuropathy. Also, what goes with it often is Peripheral Neuropathy. So, my feet were tingly and they had loss of sensation. I was SO afraid. My doctor was so calm. He just said to take Alpha Lipoic Acid. After that, I was started on Benfotiamine (fat/water soluble Vit. B1) and a VERY low sugar and carb diet. I keep my blood sugar low and level. I have learned all about nerves and what they need and what is bad for them.

My feet are doing GREAT now. Also, my POTS is MUCH better. My nerves are SLOWLY healing. I can walk for a longer time without feeling I will faint and do things around the house like wash clothes, and clean the kitchen. My hubby does most work and cooking. But now I can finally help! Great since he works all day in his office.

I cannot clean the house yet. We have a couple that does that. I cannot garden outside yet but I hope I will again. I do garden inside. African Violets and other plants. Hubby plants my outdoor flowers right now.

Nerves heal slowly but there is a lot we can do to get them there.

Timaca

Hi heapsreal~ I haven't started the ProBoost yet (for a second time). I tried it a couple of years ago, and I did feel poorly on it at first. I was only on one packet a day (a friend of mine takes 3 packets a day and she feels that amount helps her). I did not notice a difference on one packet a day except maybe it seemed to help clear up a toenail fungus that I had.

I've had too much problem from upping my valtrex dose to 500 mg tid from twice a day to even think about changing anything else for awhile!!

Thanks for asking though...you are very kind.

Best, Timaca