• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Private Immunology or Virology Lessons? (Arranging Private Lessons with University Professor)

Hipsman

Curious if anyone tried to arrange private lessons with medical Dr or Researcher to better understand this illness, gain knowledge on how to better experiment with treatments and how to interpret diagnostic tests (e.g immunogram).

(How did it go, did you also try online courses?)

Hipsman

There is a virology "course"
This is all good, but also very lonely and demotivating to study without expert input. There is no conversation and no one to ask questions that arise during studying. Especially for someone without background in biology or medicine.

Just 1 hour lesson a week could be a tremendous help to keep being motivated to learn and help understanding complex topics. Not to mention a mentor can help you arrange personal learning plan and show how to use professional learning resources.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I think it's a good idea but if money is tight for you, you might try youtube videos first. I have been watching some of those regarding different types of bacterias.