• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Preprint: Observational Study of Repeat Immunoadsorption in Patients with Elevated ß2-Adrenergic Receptor Autoantibodies. Scheibenbogen 2023

Murph

:)

Observational Study of Repeat Immunoadsorption (RIA) in Post-COVID ME/CFS Patients with Elevated ß2-Adrenergic Receptor Autoantibodies – an Interim Report​

Elisa Stein, Cornelia Heindrich, Kirsten Wittke, Claudia Kedor, Laura Kim, Helma Freitag, Anne Krueger, Markus Toelle, Carmen Scheibenbogen

doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.08.31.23294813

Abstract​

There is increasing evidence for an autoimmune aetiology in post-infectious Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). SARS-CoV-2 has now become the main trigger for ME/CFS. We have already conducted two small proof-of-concept studies of IgG depletion by immunoadsorption (IA) in post-infectious ME/CFS, which showed efficacy in most patients. This observational study aims to evaluate the efficacy of IA in patients with post-COVID-19 ME/CFS. The primary objective is to assess the improvement in functional ability. Due to the urgency of finding therapies for post-Covid-Syndrome (PCS), we report here the interim results of the first ten patients with seven responders defined by an increase of between 10 and 35 points in the Short-Form 36 Physical Function (SF36-PF) at week four after IA. The results of this observational study will provide the basis for patient selection for a randomised controlled trial (RTC) including sham apheresis and for a RTC combining IA with B-cell depletion therapy.

Attachments

• 2023.08.31.23294813v1.full.pdf
    603.7 KB · Views: 6

Murph

:)
I really really want to believe in Scheibenbogen but tbh this is not convincing yet.

7/10 people got better; 1/10 got worse. 2/10 ~the same. No control group.

Add this rushed preprint to the questions being raised about the accuracy of the CellTrend test and it is tough not to wonder if Scheibenbogen is being as tough on her own theory as she would be on other peoples.

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 9.42.08 am.png

I await the results of a properly controlled trial on apheresis with interest. She says one is coming.