• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Preparation for Oxidative Stress", hypometabolism and estivation.

@Loba Esteparia Stressor is a generic term. There is a huge disconnect between academia and people getting healthier from being sick and although peer-reviewed papers are the gold standard for disseminating information, there are much better methods of reaching that endgoal of better health especially when some of the incentives for publication are against people getting better while others are just not aligned with that goal.

For example, in the USA, universities and researchers care more about papers, patents, and grants rather than research in of itself, especially after tenure. There are rare exceptions such as Ron Davis. This is why in my recent forum posts I write about incentives because they matter more than feelings, or what people say, or almost anything else when it comes to trying to get someone to do something.

Last edited by a moderator: