• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

prayers for Victims of HAITI EARTHQUAKE!

jackie

Didn't know if this should be added to our "regular" Prayer thread....so please, add the People of the DEVASTATING EARTHQUAKE in HAITI! The Country is approximately 80-85% Catholic. Many U.N. Peacekeepers, Workers among the dead, displaced. (moderators - feel free to move this to appropriate place, thanks)

CJB

This is a truly horrific, devastating situation. Just wanted to bump the thread up and offer my own prayers.

And PS Pat Robertson -- SHUT UP. How can anyone believe this is a man of God.

hensue

I felt guilty going to the grocery store. Haiti has nothing and the devastation is beyond comprehensible. I feel so lucky to live in the US. I am praying the get the help they need and fast.
It puts a lot of things in perspective when you see something like this. My sister's husband has lost his job and a 650,000.00 new home they had built. Life is hard but the news said people live off a 100.00 a year?
The critical time for help is the first 72 hours. I just could not believe the bodies of babies, children everyone. My heart really goes out. Especially when I am sitting in a decent home with food and water.
I did see Billy Graham's son he is a Man of God and doing everthing possible to help. Pat Robertson OMG as you say he is not a man of God.

jackie

I too, was impressed with Franklin Graham and his "team".:Retro smile: (Won't even waste my breath on Robertson).

Also, I can't remember their exact moniker....but the Search and Rescue Task Force from West Virginia (I think?) was so impressive. I kept thinking of the additional difficulties of bringing in help...as the Helpers would then need to be taken care of...but, they arrive "fully Self-sustained" - their own tent cities, food, water, equipment...and those incredible Service Dogs!

I saw today that others have started operational INFLATABLE Triage/Hospitals!

I agree Hensue...I feel so lucky today! You know...whenever I hear of these horrific natural disasters, my first thoughts (after the babies and children) turn to those that have what WE have....hard to imagine dealing with that!

I wondered if any of our "comrades" here have been affected?....Dr. Yes said that many personnel where she is, have been (families there, etc.) Keep praying!

laura

Just wanted to say, I am not Catholic but the devastation in Haiti is so incredibly awful, beyond words. I definately have the people and country of Haiiti in my prayers. And am glad to see the quick response of the world, especially the U.S., to come to their aid...makes me feel grateful for the multitude of blessing in my life.

Laura

Tammie

I agree that they really need prayers. So many affected, and so poor to start they don't have the resources to rebuild....many were feeding their children cookies literally made from dirt, bc they wanted to help ease the hunger pains (& that was before the earthquake).

I am not personally affected, but I sponsor a child thru Compassion. He is in Ethiopia, but bc of Compassion, I get updates on their efforts in Haiti, and I know that there are a lot of programs & centers run by Compassion in Haiti that are affected. Many children were outside when it happened bc they were just leaving school, but many of their parents were inside working, and as a result, there a a ton of children now wandering the streets as orphans.

It is also very hard for rescue workers to get in to help, bc of the way that transportation routes have been destroyed. A lot of the people who sponsor children in Haiti are still waiting to find out if their sponsored children are ok. I realize that is not as bad as being there, but I know that it would kill me to be in that situation with my sponsored child. So, yes prayers are very important.

One thing that I found cool, though, is that there are reports of grps of children gathering and singing praise songs to God, and still managing to find joy in Him, even in these circumstances. That is pretty incredible!

Sunday

That is an amazing story about the children singing the praise songs, we could all take a lesson from that. Though honestly that one might be beyond me!

This thread is a great idea, and reminds us all of something we CAN do lying on our backs with brain fog. I'm not even Christian but I everyone can use divine energy; all prayer works.