• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pramipexole put my CFS/ME into remission

DonPepe

Mine was the same - a slow decline, likely caused by my unwillingness to stop pushing myself.

On the Bell scale, started around 60 maybe 25 years ago (triggered by virus or vaccine - I'm not sure which). By ten years ago it was down to 30 which was miserable enough. Then a bad extended allergic reaction dropped me down to 15, and been there for over five years. The constant headache / head pressure, cognitive crashes, etc - that's the worst.

I know exactly how you feel.

I definitely think mine is dopamine related. I haven't tried LDA - considering it, but concerned about long term effects of some of those types of medications.

How did you end up getting pramipexole? And what kind of risks did you consider?
I got it from my rheumatologist. I’ve heard of DAWS. Which scares me a little bit

But clearly for me this is a dopamine issue
they way i get a big boost after a LSD trip (which also acts on the dopamine receptor) makes me think that too or at least the boost in dopamine is able to suppress/overcome the underlying issue

DonPepe

they way i get a big boost after a LSD trip (which also acts on the dopamine receptor) makes me think that too or at least the boost in dopamine is able to suppress/overcome the underlying issue

Hmm there is anecdotal evidence here and on Reddit that people get relief microdosing mushrooms. Is there a link?

Hmm there is anecdotal evidence here and on Reddit that people get relief microdosing mushrooms. Is there a link?
psilocybin does not interact with dopamine receptors only serotonin. i do get relief from microdosing it but more in the depression and suicidal ideation department, it helps much less with my energy/fatigue. i did try md'ing lsd for a bit but i found the energy it gives me to be "borrowed" (from tomorrow).

hmnr asg

i have microdosed shrooms, zero relief and i have not read of anyone saying they got relief from microdosing shrooms (as nice as it is, wont help cfs).

Back