• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PPAR Drugs and SEIDs Severity

Please answer if you are a SEIDs patient taking any of the PPAR agonists listed above. (choose one)

• While taking it I had relatively minor loss of daily function and energy from SEIDs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • While taking it I had about average loss of daily function and energy from SEIDs.

• While taking it I had severe loss of daily function and energy from SEIDs.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
This question is for SEIDs patients also take PPAR agonist medications for high cholesterol, high triglycerides or diabetes melitus.

High cholesterol/triglyceride PPAR agonists: clofibrate, gemfibrozil, ciprofibrate, bezafibrate, and fenofibrate

Diabetes melitus PPAR agonist: thiazolidinediones

Please discuss your experiences in a post below. I would also appreciate any comments on whether you think the drug may have slowed your CFS progression and/or limited its severity.

S-VV

Interesting. I had recently researched PPAR antagonists as possible agents for reducing neuroinflammation.

Have you tried them?

Violeta

I've been reading about caryophyllene and have seen PPAR mentioned a lot in the studies, if anyone is interested in a PPAR agonist with only positive side effects.

pattismith

I've been reading about caryophyllene and have seen PPAR mentioned a lot in the studies, if anyone is interested in a PPAR agonist with only positive side effects.

yes, you may be right, PEA and Caryophyllene both are endocanadinoids with effects on CB2 receptors and PPAR.
I'm willing to try one or the other ...