• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS and XMRV Poll.

VillageLife

POTS is a symptom in CFS. I'm wondering....

Have you, tested positive for XMRV and have POTS?

Tested negative for XMRV and don't have POTS?

Tested negative for XMRV but have POTS?

Tested positive for XMRV but don't have POTS?

subtr4ct

Hi villagelife,

It wasn't a poll, but I queried forum readers on this a while back (link). A few responders indicated that they were XMRV+ and had POTS. My question was not as comprehensive as your four possible cases, however.

Hopefully the big survey effort will end up revealing a lot about these sorts of questions. Mrs. subtr4ct has POTS, and we are awaiting VIPDx culture results and will gladly share when we receive them.

subtr4ct

villagelife: looking back I see that you were in on the earlier discussion. Great idea, though, seeking info on the other combinations (XMRV- with POTS, XMRV- w/out POTS, etc.). A little caution is warranted, though, in that the consensus seems to be that there is a substantial risk of false negatives with currently available XMRV tests, making interpretation (particularly with small sample sizes) of the answers collected for the XMRV- cases problematic.