• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Potassium burns

pamojja

Any benefit of such a high dose ascorbic acid? Any study that you knew which shows such high dose Ascorbic acid helps me/CFS? Thanks.

Started it 10 years ago because of a 80% blockage at my abdominal aorta, which caused a 60% walking disability. With therapeutic doses (above 6 g/d) intermittent claudication gradually improve. After 6 years of use the walking disability has been revoked. Beside that many minor benefits. For example had for 2 years a persistent skin-rush on my back, which immediately cleared up. It is as effective as a antihistamine against rhinitis symptoms, but without it's side-effects.

Beside helping with my major disability and minor infections, though not really effective against ME/CFS itself.