• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Postassium Usage

gracee41

I have MTHFR and have been taking methyl B12 for a few months now. Also, labs had shown I had a functional deficiency. Within the last few days, I have had symptoms of low potassium. I've supplemented with potassium which helped greatly. I know potassium is needed when new cells are being formed. I searched here but was not able to find an answer to this. Will I need to take potassium the rest of my life or will the need decline as new cells being formed level off?

ahmo

@gracee41 I needed high doses of potassium for a couple years, while implementing Freddd's Protocol. Once I'd been on it for awhile, and had done considerable detox (which might not be related) I no longer need any supplemental K+. It seems to be very much related to cellular healing, new cell growth.

Back