• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possible Ampligen 511 trial locations

anncavan

Interesting. Thanks MoJoey. In your opinion is the Peterson trial the "safest" place to have it done since he's been committed to it for so long? You'll know if you need more he'll most likely still be there..

Reason I ask is I'm just only Monday sending him my new patient packet. So it would probably take a significant amount of time before I could start. I've reached out to Bateman's research team. Assuming they're ramping up and actively seeking patients?

What do you think of my rational?

mojoey

Safest is to each their own. Bateman and Lapp both have a ton of experience so I don't think there's really much differential in terms of quality of care or logistics between the 3. Enlander is new to this I believe.

You are probably right that Dr P has more in his antiviral, immune modulator arsenal than any of the other 3 though.

Also, keep in mind that during the winter in incline, you literally cannot go anywhere. In order to do amp you wanna live near or in incline village to reap full benefits of the drug and not cancel them out by commuting. SLC is flatter and the winters aren't as harsh, and you would be living in a metro area. Lapp is a bit out of the way of downtown Charlotte but I believe weather is still not nearly as inclement as incline during the winters. I believe Kelvin lives in downtown and has little problem doing the commute.

If you'll be living there to do the trial, you must consider the type of city culture (or lack thereof) you can personally stomach. Some may say the benefits of the drug outweigh any of these concerns, but since we have multiple options here I think it's wise to try to pick a location where you feel most comfortable, perhaps also closer to family in case of emergency. Incline is also about an hr up an oftentimes one-lane windy road from Reno airport, so honestly I wouldn't move there unless I had good support there or moving with me.

mojoey

I forgot to add: some have discussed the role that environmental sensitivities play in the equation. Erik Johnson has often discussed the presence of something in incline that played a role in the incline outbreak. Of course, patients that have taken amp in incline seem to have done no worse than at other locations, but this is just another individual thing to consider

anncavan

So my initial question was really more getting to the question of would Bateman still be doing this in say 2 years (of course if it's allowed) versus Peterson being a "safer bet" due to his history. Therefore if a year wasn't enough or I thought I needed "top up's"

But this is all really helpful information. I've been to Tahoe, summer only, so didn't realize the extent of it's isolation(for lack of a better term).

Mojoey, you give me even more to mull over. Hmmm.

Thanks!

mojoey

I got that impression yet for reason I still blabbered on :)

But yes I sort of agree with you that if anyone's gonna continue doing it, it's Pete.

anncavan

Ha! Well I'm glad you did. The idea of Incline Village winters now kinda scare me. And at least SLC is a college town, etc. But i dont have family anywhere near any of the trial options. I wonder if there has ever been a case of someone going to one doc for their first treatment, and then for some reason going elsewhere for follow up. I'd be curious if there is a regulation by Hemispherx around that... Is there a "guy" you go to at Hemispherx for these sorts of questions?

mojoey

there are the names listed under the open-label trial at clinicaltrials.gov but they are being rather unresponsive at the moment

Relocating is difficult - there are tradeoffs to most places. I would consult with people living in specific cities before choosing where to move. Folks on PR would probably be willing to assist in this aspect.