• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLLEN IS TORTURE: What To Do???

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Spring is upon us here. :( Unfortunately, it's my most torturous season. The acacias and pines are blasting off with pollen, and the wind kicked up last night which made it all much worse.

I had just begun to get over a 6 week long viral infection, and now I am in pollen hell. MY worst symptom as usual is the WIREDNESS... :eek::eek::eek: which is making my brain go into non-stop overdrive and demolishing my sleep.

Does anyone have any amazing non-drug remedies for this kind histamine response? Benadryl makes me feel suicidal, and I can't take sleep meds.

I am thinking of taping all my windows and doors shut, and staying inside the house until the trees are done having sex... in April. If that's what it takes, I am ready to go at it with the blue tape.

alice1

I understand all too well.Here's a link to a low histamine diet http://roosclues.blogspot.com/2010/03/low-histamine-diet.html.I find if I lower all histamine intake it helps with allergies.I also take 9 grams of vitamin c during the day which helps temendously.Get the powder form of acsorbic acid and make your own pills. it's stronger, cheaper and take it after eating.Try starting with 5 grams if you can then work up until you run to the bathroom.When that happens back down to where you didn't have that reaction.Cleaning your sinuses with a nettie pot can help somewhat as well.
Best of luck.
A.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you A. Unfortunately your page on the low histamine diet does not open... :confused:

I will in the mean time dose up on the Vitamin C. I am already taking: pycnogenol, quercitin and a Chinese herb formula. It hasn't been enough.

Sometimes red clover tea in HUGE amounts (like a gallon a day:eek::eek::eek:) can help me detox the histamine too. So I have to remember that.

jstefl

I second the neti pot idea. The mucus in your sinuses is the bodies first line of defense against pollen.

It is not as bad as it seems to use, no worse than getting a nose full of water while swimming.

John

alice1

So sorry about that I have no idea why it's not there.You can google low histamine diets and there will be lots to chose from.
So many foods contain,or trigger histamine it's amazing but I did most of the diet(so much can't be eaten) and it did help.Great start with the C.
A