• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: did BH4 supplements improve your energy levels?

Did BH4 supplements help your energy levels?

• Yes alot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes some

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wishful

Isn't it one of those supplements that doesn't actually reach the cells you want it to reach? I seem to recall that it oxidizes in the gut long before it can pass into the bloodstream. For that reason, I haven't considered testing it myself.

Isn't it one of those supplements that doesn't actually reach the cells you want it to reach? I seem to recall that it oxidizes in the gut long before it can pass into the bloodstream. For that reason, I haven't considered testing it myself.
I did read its very easily oxidized but i saw some threads in here where some ppl have benefited from it so sounds like it can work.

Wishful

I did read its very easily oxidized but i saw some threads in here where some ppl have benefited from it so sounds like it can work.

Yes, but there are plenty of possibilities for it working for an individual for reasons other than the theoretical action of BH4. There's also the placebo effect and coincidental unrelated improvement. There might even be some people who claim that it works, but they're taking it along with 50+ other supplements and drugs and can't actually determine whether BH4 is having any effect. I try potential treatments while trying to hold other factors constant, and repeat the experiment at least 3 times (with adequate time in between) before accepting the results.

I'm not trying to convince you to not try it. There's always a possibility that it will work for you ... somehow. I just wanted to point out that there are lots of advertised (misleading health magazine articles) that point to theories in ways that are beyond the theory's framework, or "it works if you apply it directly to the cells in a test tube" studies that don't work when it's taken orally or even injected.

Well, might as well wait to see the results of the poll. Maybe it works for more people than I expect it to.