• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: anti inflammatories

Do anti inflammatories of any kind (pharmaceutical, herbal, nutritiomal..) make you feel any better?

• Total voters

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I had an especially lovely experience with Doxycycline only 50mg (for rosacea). I took one and felt very fine after five hours, after three days I took another one and felt completely fine after half an hour, after a third three days the effect from a third intake was already small, and then stopped, and never came back.

I had an almost similar effect from milk thistle. I also had very good effects from Ibuprofen 200mg after three hours, but I think the medical to be dangerous.

I am not so sure if all this effect was due to lowering slightly elevated inflammatory signals, maybe it was due to an elevated reaction (of something) in response to inflammatory signals, and the now lowered rather normal signals brought the reacting something to normal - sadly not recognized as such and therefore not lasting.